Front Desk Administrator
As a small organization, United Roots provides an intimate and collaborative working environment. While the Administrative Assistant will be the point-person for managing the below responsibilities, some of these things only occur on a monthly or quarterly basis, and often times the staff works together to execute projects.
Hours per Week: 20-40 hours per week
Work hours: Monday through Friday noon to 8pm.
Compensation: $19/hr depending on experience
Essential Job Duties
- Provide administrative support
- Run background checks for volunteers
- Manage the operation of the front office, including: attendance tracking, distribute mail, answering phones, files and archives, etc.
- Data entry and day-to-day management of Salesforce database by ensuring membership records are accurate and entered in a timely manner
- Opening and closing building, set up center for daily programming activities
- Manage security cameras
- Light cleaning and organizing of center, coordinate with contractors for weekly cleaning
- Gather and empty trash, compost, and recycle bin
- Assist in ordering office & program supplies
- Work with staff to coordinate building maintenance and repairs
- Water plants in garden and in center
- Oversee and assist programs using the space and distribute stipends
- Support program staff with coordination of events, youth recruitment and enrollment
- Manage, schedule, set up media labs, check in/out equipment to youth
- Conduct equipment inventory and supervise equipment including organizing storage room, purchases, and repairs
- Assist with outreach, enrollment, social media content, outreach, posting for organization & programs
- Assisting members with computer access, printing, and scanning
- Conduct building orientations for new members
- Prior experience doing administrative work
- Familiarity with working with youth in a community setting
- An understanding of the Oakland community and social justice advocacy
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organization. Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Basic computer skills and eagerness to learn new things
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, Google Apps and QuickBooks Online a plus
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, adaptable – ability to work on a team
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and can learn new skills to meet the organization’s needs
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- All prospective staff must pass a background check
Works With: Operations Director is the supervisor
Start Date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your qualifications align with the above requirements and United Roots’ focus and mission.
- Current resume and references.
United Roots is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin. Women and People of Color applicants encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.