Come celebrate the next generation of leadership in Oakland!
Find out about the latest youth-led innovation in Oakland, as 10 teams of youth social entrepreneurs present their proposals for social enterprises to create equity in low-income communities. Each team will be pitching to a panel of local community leaders for at least $1000 each in seed funding! RSVP to attend the event for free by clicking HERE.
Overview of the People’s Pitch Event: Throughout the event, there will be live cultural performances and a marketplace of local youth entrepreneurs and artisans (including food vendors).
- Each youth team will deliver an 8 minute pitch presentation followed by a brief Q+A
- A panel of local community leaders will evaluate each team based on their pitch presentation as well as a complete business strategy, which will be received prior to the event.
- At the conclusion of the event, panelists will reveal if each team will receive $1,000 or if there are improvements that need to be made before funding can be received.
Program Outline: During breaks, there will be a variety of live music & performances, food vendors, and networking.
12:30 – 1:00 Lunch for purchase
1:00 – 5:30 Pitches, Q&A, performances
5:30 – 6:00 – Funding decisions revealed
The year-long Youth Hub Fellowship includes:
- 4 months of social enterprise training to develop a business model & strategy
- Professional mentorship and access to co-working space and office amenities
- The May 13 pitch event
- 7 months of follow up coaching, training and networking events
The Youth Hub Fellowship is a year-long social entrepreneurship training and co-working space program at United Roots in partnership with Impact Hub Oakland.