Change Media Scholarship Fund Launched
OAKLAND, CA – Change Consulting, LLC, a communications for social change agency, has partnered with Youth Impact Hub Oakland at United Roots to launch a scholarship fund that supports multi-media projects created by youth of color.
The Change Media Scholarship Fund was founded to help ensure that media represents the diverse communities it serves so that all our stories can be told, and all our voices can be heard.
After going through an application process, two teams from the Youth Hub Fellowship program were selected by an advisory committee of media professionals. Each received $1,000 to produce media with social impact:
• Resilient Wellness will produce a 5-10 minute film about multigenerational trauma in communities of color as well as the many solutions for this issue.
• Upbeat Games will develop LUCiD, a video game about youth dealing with grief and how to cope with it.
The scholarship advisory committee included:
• Daffodil Altan, Video Producer, Center for Investigative Reporting
• Andres Cediel, Producer, Frontline
• Traci Curry, Writer and Producer, MSNBC
• Bilen Mesfin Packwood, Founder and Principal, Change Consulting, LLC
• Damon Packwood, Co-Founder and Director, Gameheads
Eligible projects included radio or video, print, photography or online. Funds will be used to complete the multi-media projects in 2015-2016.